Forest Grove is a beautiful small town located 45 minutes from Downtown Portland, and honestly it feels like you’ve traveled to a whole nother part of Oregon when you’re there. Here are a few things to consider if you are looking to move to Forest Grove.
The market is different because while it started out as a small farming town it has become primarily a commuter town with the added charm of being a college town thanks to Pacific University.
- Community contains acreage property
- Community has access to wine country
- Community contains single family homes
- Community has new construction
- Community is a great for first time homeowners
- Community offers beautiful scenery
- Community great location for those who love to get outdoors
- Community has historic homes that Friends of Historic Forest Grove is working to help save
- Some homes in Forest Grove qualify for a USDA Home Loan
There are a few challenges:
- The average price range is $389,000. Homes priced under $400,000 are very popular
- Understand that when it comes to resale some buyers will rule Forest Grove out because it is a college town.
- Forest Grove does have quite a few amenities however if you are someone who thrives on the hustle and bustle of the city you may not enjoy the quiet peaceful environment of this beautiful small town.
- They currently have a low inventory which means you may find yourself in a bidding war with other buyer
So what are some of the pitfalls that can occur if your Realtor® doesn’t have an understanding of the Forest Grove market? Well you could have……..
- Lost revenue on the sale of their home
- Higher costs on the purchase of their home
- Wasting precious time
- Increased liability
- Increased anxiety and worry
- Wind up with a longer commute than you would like
One of the reasons I love helping clients who are looking to move to Forest Grove is the fact that I grew up and have lived in a small town for most of my life. I understand the benefits and drawbacks of living in a small town. I love how the community pulls together in times of need, and that they often have some of the most amazing local restaurants. Two of my favorites in Forest Grove are Bites and Pac Thai. In addition I have a student at Pacific University so I find myself in Forest Grove often and love keeping up with what is going on.
I know that when it comes to choosing someone to help you with the sell or purchase of your home there are many choices out there. As a Native Oregonian I have a love for what our state has to offer from the people to nature. I love helping people find not just a home but a community that they can put down roots.
If you have questions about real estate in Forest Grove, please feel free to comment on this blog post or send me a message through email. I would love to help you find your next home.